Art director, UX designer, illustrator, storyteller. I make stuff.
At SapientNitro I created online and mobile experiences for major North American brands, namely financial institutions and telecommunications providers and manufacturers. My work for a national food retailer informed the rebranding of their entire online experience. Previously I worked at the Ontario Science Centre, where I created digital content as well as web design and architecture.
Although I enjoy storytelling, I am especially passionate about UX design and the little details that make online experiences smooth and seamless.
- Art direction
- UX design
- Web form design
- Style guide creation
Senior Visual Designer
Digital Customer Experience, TD Canada Trust
December 2014 – present
July 2006 – November 2014
Online and mobile UX and visual design for various financial, telecommunications and retail clients. Highlights include:
- Developing and documenting online standards for a major Canadian bank, and writing the final online style guide.
- Wireframing an intranet concept that evolved into the current SapientNitro people portal.
- Working with IAs to produce over 80 comps of online banking forms and processes, as well as developing navigation systems, alert message and form standards, and the style guide.
- Collaborating with IAs, software programmers, vendors and the carrier to gather requirements for a mobile touchphone, and then creating the user interface and visual design for the device.
- Documenting, editing and cataloguing creative roles and processes–and even writing job descriptions–for a major Canadian bank.
- Leading the design for a stand-alone online experience for a national food retailer, which later informed the redesign of their entire online brand.
- Proofreading and editing a co-worker’s PhD essays on rap culture.
- And, of course, churning out the requisite banner ads and PowerPoint decks.
Ontario Science Centre
March 2004 – July 2006
Architecture, design and user testing of various web-based projects, including websites, animated Flash movies, and exhibit interfaces.
- Collaborated with various visitor experience teams to launch over a half-dozen web initiatives, including RedShift Now, Grand Central, OSC Garage, Café Scientifique, and a redesign of the Science Centre website.
- Spearheaded the architecture and design of the Science Centre’s science content site, RedShift Now.
- Pioneered new ways of presenting science content with Flash animation. Created over a half-dozen original animated shorts for display in the Science Centre.
Post-Graduate 3D Digital Animation, Seneca College, 1998-1999
Bachelor of Fine Art, Queen’s University, 1994-1998
University of Toronto Schools, 1988-1994